Adult Belt Ranks
Adult Belt Ranks
- White belt is the starting point for all Ryukyu Kempo students. In order to earn the next belt, the student must learn 2 basic stances, 6 blocks, proper punch, front snap kick, front thrust kick, and forward movement.
- Yellow belt continues to refine all punches, blocks, and kicks. Self Defense combinations and skills and really emphasized at this level. Kata Naihanchi Shodan is learned this rank.
- Orange belt level is the last level at the beginner ranks. Students will learn practical application of self defense. Kata Naihanchi Nidan and Naihanchi Sandan are also learned at this level.
- Green belt begins the mid level ranks. Here, the students will refine all kata and basics. Seisan kata and Taiyoku Shodan are learned at this level. Students are introduced to the Bo staff and the kata Choun no kun (bo kata).
- Blue belt is a continuation of refinement of kata. Students also begin learning advanced combinations and techniques. Kata Anaku is learned at this rank. Students continue to learn Choun no kun kata.
- Purple belt is the last of the mid level ranks. Students must demonstrate a high level of basic techniques, along with refinement of advanced techniques. Kata Niseishi is learned at this rank. Students finish up Choun no kun kata.
- Brown belt begins the advanced student level. The students spend 1 year at this rank. Students dive deep into advanced methods of self defense. Kata Passai is learned at this level. Students also learn Kyan no sai.
- Black belt begins the journey into a deeper meaning and application of all previous katas and techniques. The student must demonstrate an extremely high level of competence and knowledge. Kata Kusanku is learned at this rank.
- 2nd-4th Degree Black Belt continues the development of advanced martial arts techniques along with healing techniques for aches ands pains. Students have the option to continue with the Ryukyu curriculum, or begin a White Crane Kempo journey. White Crane is reserved for black belts only as it very advanced in kata and application.